nav

Image Map

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

SAND DUNES AND GOOD TIMES

My mother inspired my love for oceans. For as long as I can remember, her paradise has always been the soft sand and calm blue waves. When stress strikes hard, she'll tell me about wanting to sit out at the beach all day. As soon as the sun finds its hiding spot, she'll want to walk along the shoreline under the moon.

Lately, I've been falling in love with the ocean too. But for me, it's all about the intensity of the waves. Even the calmness of them. Riding them gracefully and letting their force lift you up to fly is possibly the most peaceful feeling I can experience. When I'm in the ocean, I feel exhilarated. The depth excites me and the bitter coldness purifies me. I think it may have something to do with being a swimmer. Or Maybe I'm half mermaid? 

Anyways, my friends and I went on a nice little beach trip this past week. It was a beach we'd never visited, and oh my goodness, it was pure beauty. I didn't think such amazing beaches were to be found in Oregon. And this one actually had waves (!!!). Take a look at our adventures:
Departure time: 9:00 AM. Made a much needed Jamba stop and hit the road for an hour and a half. Playlist included: The Lumineers, Kanye West, Lana Del Ray, Katy Perry, Lorde, ect, Danced carelessly. Sung shamelessly. 
Arrived at the beach. Captured by the view, and excited by the 70 degree weather (trust me, it was sunny, these pictures are just edited).  Ukulele and beach towels in hand.  
Making our way up to the sand dune. I failed to take a photo of it, but it was one steep hill. Little did we know.
Sand dune climb: check. How did we make it up that thing? Who knows. It was insanely hot, steep, tall and never-ending. Many breaks had to happen along the way. Thankfully, the view at the top was surreal.
After wandering around the top of the sand dune, we headed down to main ocean. Here I am, graceful as always, taking in the memorable summer day. The jumping means I'm excited. Can you tell?
Frolicking through the waves. Brrr! 
Group photo time! I can't explain my love for these people. Maybe one day I will make a post on our friendship, because it's something very special. We know each other like the back of our hands. Any day with them is the best day ever in my book.
No doubt that we were hungry after the climbing and frolicking. Thanks to our friend (who we call our mother), we had five delicious varieties of sandwiches ready to be devoured.  
The classic friends pyramid photo. Two seconds after this was taken, one abruptly dropped their legs and had us top two falling to the sand. 
The best of friends.
I'm crazy about this ocean now. 
This trip was one I will keep in my memory bank forever. I am so blessed to have friends who make me feel alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment